There’s nothing like hearing Meng Tan (aka “Jolly Good Fellow“) speak at the Wisdom 2.0 Conference to remind a person that humor and mindfulness can absolutely go hand in hand. Here are some of the funny, often touching, always wise quotes that stuck with me from this terrific conference.
Top 10 Words of Wisdom from the Wisdom 2.0 Conference
10. “You’re afraid I’m going to control your mind–you can’t even control your mind” —Todd Pierce
8. “Everyone is so present it’s disturbing” —Chris Sacca
, on the level of audience attentiveness compared to other conferences.
7. “How many enlightened men do you know with six-packs?” —Meng Tan
, commenting on a particularly ripped Buddha statue.
6. “All wisdom is plagiarism. Only stupidity is original.” —Soren Gordhamer
3. “When will we make the same improvements in relating to each other as we’ve made with technology?”–David Rock
1. “There’s no such thing as work-life balance. It’s all life. Be fully present in life.” Jon Kabat Zinn