I’ve been having a blast helping Innerstellar Pilates and Yoga studio out with their social media. It’s a wonderful marriage of my two careers and two things I love: yoga and social media. Maybe it’s just my tendency to see parallels to yoga in everything, but I find a ton of commonality between teaching yoga and working in social media.
10. You get to touch the lives of others, be it a juicy yoga class or a helpful response to a user on Facebook.
9. Just as your yoga practice changes and evolves over time, social media is always changing. You have to adapt and progress forward.
8. There’s no shortage of workshops on both subjects and so many people to learn from.
7. You get the opportunity to share information and information with others whether it’s through teaching or tweeting or a Facebook update.
6. There’s no “right way” to do social media or yoga. There are guidelines and best practices, but ultimately you have to be the one to discover what works.
5. In both practices, you give, but you can be overwhelmed with how much you get back from others.
4. Opportunities to be creative abound!
3. As you do them more and more, you begin to find your own voice.
2. You must be willing to experiment. If something falls flat, problem-solve, try something else, and change direction as you need to.
1. The best part of all is the personal connection with others.
Social media and yoga. It’s a damn good combination.