Wow, I am still processing the amazing experience that was the Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training. I spent nine days in Chicago at Turbodog Spirit Center with an amazing group of yoga teachers and Ana and her top-notch assistants. There was a lot of sweat, emotions, learning, and more arm balances than I ever thought I could do. Ana is full of wisdom, some of which can be put into words; others which can only be experienced. Here’s my favorite Ana quotes from the training that particularly resonated with me.
Top 10 Gems from Ana in the Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training
10. Celebrate your breakthroughs
9. You can’t be injuring and healing yourself at the same time
8. An advanced practice is finding how to delight in your spirit in every pose
7. The Dalai Lama says, “My religion is kindness.” Can you move in a way that is compassionate to yourself?
6. Thank God for death. Once you’ve allowed that old stuff to die and cleared it out, now you can cultivate the energy you most wish to have in your life
5. Pain is not an indication to push harder or quit. Pain is an indication that something needs to change. Your quest is to find out what needs to change.
4. When Einstein was asked how he discovered the theory of relativity he said, “my left elbow.” Who knows what you might find in your body through your practice.
3. Give yourself permission to relax
2. Be fucking fabulous
1. The great part is we get to bring healing to others and use that healing to feed ourselves. It’s a great job.